The Chamber strives to promote the continuous improvement of the common good and the quality of life in the community through the pursuit of new business; the cultural, social, and economic education of our citizens; and by providing accurate and timely assistance to the business community. Become a member, and get found in our online Members Directory. Signing up is easy using our online Membership Application, so why wait? Become a member of the Chamber today!
Business Spotlight of the Month
an interview with Kevin Dyer
an interview with Kevin Dyer
- What do you do? We are an independent insurance agency representing dozens of excellent insurance companies, with a mission of finding our clients, both business and personal, the right coverage at the best price.
- How long have you been in business? The agency has been in business for over 60 years.
- How did you get started in your business? I entered the insurance industry in 2003 becoming the Director of Marketing and Operations for a large regional firm in Boston. When the opportunity arose to be closer to home, I jumped at it.
- What differentiates you from your competition? It’s cliché, but we are very client driven. We represent dozens of insurance companies to make sure our clients are always getting the best value we have to offer. Not all insurance companies are the same and we take the time to explain the differences.
- What's one aspect of your business that keeps you up at night? No matter how good we are at it, I am always terrified that we recommend a coverage, the client decides not purchase and they have a claim. It isn’t always financially feasible to purchase the necessary insurance coverage and we understand that, but it is our job to educate our clients.
- What's the next step for your business? We are a small independent agent, but can handle any opportunity that comes our way. Our staff has been with us on average an average of 16 years with an average of 22 years’ experience in the industry. We grow primarily through referrals and existing relationships and will continue to do so.
- When you're not working, what do you like to do? I enjoy golf, coaching my kids in their various sports and playing soccer in our Thursday night over the hill league.
- How has the internet and social media impacted your business? Insurance is still one of the most important things a business or established family can buy, yet if you look online, you would think it was the same as buying a carton of eggs. I’m here to tell you it isn’t, it is a complex financial protection everyone should take the time to discuss with a professional, not a call center.
- Describe your best customer. Our best customer is business owner or homeowner that genuinely cares about protecting their greatest assets. I have reviewed both business policies and home insurance policies that leave the owner financially exposed in a claim situation. Most people think it is more expensive to get covered properly, we regularly save new clients hundreds and even thousands of dollars while increasing their coverage and providing great service.
- Any big promotions or events coming up that you'd like to share with the chamber? This was our 6th year of providing free admission to the Hanover High School football team home opener. We pay for students, senior citizens, first responders and anyone in the gate prior to kickoff. We look forward to this tradition each year!